Is it because I'm working out more intensely? Or because it's that time of month? Or because I'm stressed and I want to eat everything in sight? Actually, is it just normal to want to eat every 3 hours on the dot? Because my stomach tells me that it's been exactly 3 hours since my last meal.
I'm going to pretend that it's normal for people that are active to eat like that, and that it's actually healthy and prevents binge eating. Everyone in my office can skip breakfast, have lunch around noon and eat dinner at 7 pm. I can't.
So today I did not, I ate when I was hungry and didn't overeat (striving for that "healthy" relationship with food). I went out to dinner with a friend, stayed away from the booze and had a deliciously healthy salad (with candied walnuts). Shoot me, I don't care... they're worth every calorie. Plus, I turned down the GIANT COSTCO strawberry cheesecake my teammate brought to the office today, so bring on the candied walnuts.
Had I not eaten since lunch, I would have had wine, bread, calamari, spinach and artichoke dip, seafood fettuccine and desert. So BOOYAAAH.
I don't care if my team makes fun of me for eating all the time. I can take it.
Tuesday, June 17
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You want to know the secret of those times you are REALLY hungry??? There are 2:
1) Natural Peanut Butter
2) Beef Jerky
NPB is very dense in calories but ONE tablespoon full will really take the edge off any craving. I add it in with 2 Stone Wheat Thin crackers and I can hold off any craving for a couple of hours. If you are REALLY diligent, you can add it to celery and make a VERY healthy snack but I HATE celery.
Beef Jerky is your friend. VERY high in protein and quite tasty. It also take a LOT of work to eat it so I use it for snacking ALL the time.
I would imagine your hunger comes a LOT from depriving yourself. It is VERY hard to break a habit.
I LOVE PEANUT BUTTER... but I can't stop at 1 tbsp. I love this Natural PB product:
http://www.bellplantation.com/
Mix it with water and I get REAL PB for a quarter of the calories. Next time I'm home I'll bring you a jar to try.
I also like jerkey... turkey jerkey. Unfortunately it's super high in sodium, the ONLY downside.
weigh out the sodium versus the LACK of carbs. I think you will find that you are ahead eating jerky versus EIGHT carrot cakes :)
Post a Comment