After reading about Kirk's leg day, I am more disappointed that I didn't go to MC on Thursday. The plan is to do 3 days of weights a week. Build muscles, increase metabolism, burn more calories when at rest. No brainer. Back to that plan this week...
Yesterday I ran with Jess and then napped for 2 hours in the afternoon. I dragged my ass off the couch to go to the Brazil v Canada soccer game at Qwest Field, and crashed the second I hit my pillow after the game. Not sure what that was all about, I have been getting 8 hours of sleep lately. I would take my temperature but I don't own a thermometer. :)
I am on this hiking kick so I got together with an old friend and hiked Tiger Mountain up to Poo Poo Point this morning. I was really pooped (lame but I couldn't resist). It was just 1900 feet of elevation over 4.5 miles up (9 miles out and back) but I was not at all motivated. I was still tired and the trail was boring compared to Lake Serene or Mount Si. The top of the climb has AstroTurf laid out as a launching pad for para gliders. I was PROMISED para gliders. No dice. It was cloudy and cold so we stopped just long enough to eat a Cliff bar and made our way back. At least I got some good girl gossip and burned some calories. Oh, and had some french fries with chipotle mayo at Red Robin on our way home. Just a few. :)
This last Tuesday was 2 weeks since we started the blog and took our original measurements. That gives me 10 days until the one month measurements. That will be 2 days after spending this coming weekend at Scheris' wedding in Oregon. Talk about motivation to stay on the wagon during the trip... luckily Nancy reads this blog so she can keep reminding me of that when I'm about to jump off the red wine edge.
Sunday, June 1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That really is a no brainer isn't it.
More muscle = Higher BMR = More calories expended = Less body weight.
Put it in mathie terms for Polska always works.
Post a Comment