My vendor team all work from the Teleion Consulting office in downtown Seattle. In general I don't get out here that often because it requires crossing the bridge (aka. sitting in traffic). It's a good thing too because this place is trouble!
It's also a cesspool of junk food. They take regular trips to Costco and Trader Joe's to prepare for the next nuclear/earthquake threat. The amount of food here could literally fill up the Food Bank. Do you really need an industrial sized box of individually packaged Grandma's cookies in three, scrumptious flavors? Why do you need to put two cookies in a package, at 190 calories a piece? That's almost 400 calories in a pouch, the equivalent of a regular lunch! Now let's not even talk about the trail mix with dark chocolate M&Ms.
They also don't have a cafeteria like we do on campus where there are a bunch of healthy options. They certainly don't stock pile healthy snacks like I do in my mini fridge and filing cabinet in my office.
Because I'm rarely here we usually go out to lunch and often have happy hour at the end of the day to wait out the traffic congestion. I will be the first to admit that will power isn't part of my daily vocabulary. For this reason, I just don't have shit laying around my condo or office. If you put it there, I will eat it.
I managed to keep it together and have sushi for lunch. I did get into a peanut butter cookie and the dreaded trail mix after lunch... about a quarter cup full. Yes, in and around 500 calories in less than 5 minutes. Have you read Allison's post? I killed myself for 60 minutes this morning and wiped it all out in under 5 minutes.
Let this be a lesson that I can't walk out my door in the morning on my way to Teleion without grabbing my healthy afternoon snack from home. I'm now on my way to happy hour, where I'll limit to two glasses of wine and a salad for dinner. Just say no to the deep fried calamari.
Wednesday, June 4
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment