Sunday, June 15

A First

So much for 18 holes of NEPA yesterday. With the first sunny day in ages came lots of people all thinking the same thing... golf. After completing only 4 holes in 1:15 yesterday, and coming up to the 5th tee to wait on TWO groups, we turned back. It was a toss up, but the longer we waited the more we leaned towards a rain check. So we took it.

I ran into Danielle at the gym yesterday and she convinced me to go to hot yoga this morning. I was down, and ran it by Allison who also agreed to go. I don't think she knew exactly what she was in for. I had attended a bunch of classes over a year ago, so for me, it was a distant, painful memory.

90 minutes of yoga in a studio set to 105F is not my idea of fun. But having survived, it really did feel good. You walk out of there looking like you stepped into the shower in your workout gear. The only difference is that your body rids itself of so many toxins that the water accumulating on you is actually murky. When it runs down your face and into your eyes it stings like a mofo. At one point we were in the plow pose (don't kid yourself, I can't actually touch the floor above my head like this woman in the picture), and the sweat was dropping off my quads onto my cheeks. Geeee ROSSS.

After 4 days of drinking in a row, I was happy to purge the crap from my system. Like purging all the negative thoughts from my head, all the crap that was building up under my skin dripped, one drip at a time out of my body. For the first time in weeks, my skin is actually glowing. I need a nap, or a coffee.

According to Danielle however, no coffee today. One step at a time, I'm going to grab an Americano. I'm also going to be tracking my food intake on FitDay this week... hopefully that makes me more accountable. TBD.

On tap for tomorrow, 7 mile run at 6 am.

Kirk, happy father's day! Hope you had a great weekend with Mad Dog and some good golf with your dad!

1 comment:

Kirk Gaskell said...

4 days of drinking in a row?? Intervention???