Wednesday, June 18

Fatty McFat

Well, I have been avoiding the scale for the past few days. I was getting pissed off with my lack of progress. I jumped back on this morning and was finally down 3 pounds. Essentially a pound a week over the last 3 weeks. However, I FEEL like a whale. I don't know why, I guess technically I am at the lowest weight I have been in in a while but still not feeling it. I decided to get really back into my diet for the next few weeks to see if I can still do it.

On the lifting side, I actually hit a little bit of a personal record this morning... 2 to be exact. I managed to bench 255 pounds for the first time ever. Managed to do it 3 times before I was afraid I might not get the 4th one off my chest. I then managed 7 chin ups. 2 cheater ones. I don't think I went all the way to the bottom but I am counting them DAMNIT.

For cardio, I ran for 30 minutes. Maddy made me REALLY late today because she wanted to snuggle in the bed for a while. So I only had time for 30 minutes. I actually felt decent running. my jumpers knee didn't hurt at all. I am still doing the 5 jog, 1 walk type running but it is getting easier... I should probably stretch that out more. When I try, my HR goes fucking crazy though. I will be playing 9 holes tonight as well for some MUCH needed NEPA in the rain.

2 comments:

Aleks said...

I don't know how you get up in the morning and go to the gym. If I had cuddles every day, I would just stay there, it would definitely make me lazy. :)

7 chin ups, really? I wonder if I'll ever reach my goal of doing just one?!?!?

Kirk Gaskell said...

It REALLY is hard... She also knows it will get me every time.

"Come on Daddy, just 5 minutes"

Chin ups are HARD. The only way I was ever able to get there was starting with negatives.