The title of today's post is also Tosha's IM handle. Quite frankly, I could not agree more.
The string of rainy and cold days are taking a toll on my energy levels and my hair. Last night, we had a major wind storm (followed by more rain at night). I was working from the coffee shop in my building (I use the term "work" lightly because I couldn't focus long enough to do anything but surf the net), when the power went out.
At that point I really lost all motivation and decided to read in bed instead. The only benefit to the lights going out in June is that it's light out long enough to read until 9ish. I decided to crash around 9... without a functioning alarm clock and a dwindling cell phone battery. Of course I was all stressed out because I over indulged this weekend and absolutely HAD to make it to Mountain Conditioning today to combat the fat. I couldn't sleep thinking that I might sleep in this morning. The lights finally came on at 1 am at which point I set two alarms to compensate.
I woke up this morning tired and grumpy. I was also up 1.6 lbs from last Friday morning, which really made me angry (more so at myself than anything). Clearly Carl was suffering from the same afflictions this morning, he was on a tear. It was torture, definitely Carl at his best (or worst). He actually "made up" an exercise just for the fun of it. Put a Reebok Core Board on top of a step. Now, starting with one foot on the core board, step up and bring the knee of the leg that was on the ground up and then step back down with the same leg that was originally on the ground (the leg that was on the core board stays on the core board). This is repeated 40 times on each leg with the following arm exercise (80 total):
10 - Stepups with knee raisers with a bicep curl
10 - Stepups with knee raisers with an overhead press
10 - Stepups with knee raisers with a bicep curl
10 - Stepups with knee raisers with an overhead press
We got a quick bit of "relief" by going into rock climbers and pushups and then had to repeat the series of 80 again. The added height of the step/core board plus the instability of the core board really brings you to the other side of hell and back. Sick really.
The most notable eye candy at the gym today was Steve Ballmer (THAT Steve B). Though he's no eye candy, I get all tense when I see him and giggle like a 5 year old girl with a massive crush. It's the celebrity status thing, no matter how many times I see him working out at the butt crack of dawn it happens.
Sorry for the long post and the kludgy description of the stepup exercise this morning. I wasn't sure how to get across the torture that it was. On tap for tomorrow, 60 minute run.
Tuesday, June 10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment