Monday, June 16

Monday and Fathers Day

Thanks for the well wishes Polska. We had a SORTA great fathers day. I had a workout at 8:00, played baseball at 11:00 then we TRIED to play golf at 1:45 at Herons Landing. We got through 5 holes and I was -2. I Was GOING low I tell you... Was going to finish -10 BUT we were rained out. A LOT. A ton of lightening and a boat load of rain. We got our rain check, got home and OUT comes the sun. Then some dinner at my parents as it was my Dad's birthday. Was a pretty warm day and had an arm workout but for some reason I felt REALLY good.

On Saturday, I played the LONGEST round of golf in my life. It was a best ball tournament to benefit PMLA and we had 8 somes on EVERY hole. 8 somes... two teams of 4 on EVERY hole all playing at the same time. We went off at a 10:00 shotgun and finished at 5:10. Even Tiger's round yesterday wasn't 7 hours. My group averages 13 tall boys each during the round. I kept to my guns and had NONE. The only positive was that we ended up winning it at -10. I was QUITE fantastic if I do say so myself :)

This morning I had ANOTHER leg workout. My first since my change of plans with respect to my training split. I would say it was sufficiently painful. My jumpers knee bugged me a bunch during my regular squats but not so much with my front squats or the 6:30 of pain. I DID manage to get through that but I had to cheat a little bit. I changed my foot position 4 times during the 6:30 in order to put the emphasis on different heads of the quad. I then finished off with some lunges and stiff legged deadlifts. It's a pretty intense hour. Since Maddy and I were a LITTLE but late this morning, I only had time left for 20 minutes or cardio on the stepmill. So, I will maybe get outside for a bike ride this afternoon AFTER TIGER wins the US Open.

My diet has been a bit of a struggle lately. I was pretty busy yesterday so I didn't eat enough early in the day. That meant I ate to much LATE in the day and ended up with to many calories before I slept. It effected me negatively on this morning's weigh in.

1 comment:

Aleks said...

What kind of planning is that? Who thought that it would be a good idea to put two foursomes together? That just ruins a good golf day in my opinion...

7:10 is a LONG time to avoid the tallboys... when everyone else in the group is drinking. You have way more strength than I do... way more.