Aleks is so right when she says gyms are like soap operas. Every day at the same time, same channel I ( the middle aged woman) go and mount my cardio equipment of choice and watch the story unfold. Except that in this drama I get to be the charcater entitled "desperate housewife" on the script. Not that I do any of the desperate housewife stuff as seen on TV, but regardless of that it is my role in the soap that is the gym.
Like any good script the plot is simple: Middle age woman wants to lose pounds, look hot and feel good about herself. She has a best friend who aids her on her journey ( Aleks) and a bunch of supporting roles who add humor to her day ( the running group). There is of course romance ( between her and her husband) and the torrid affairs between the beautiful young personal trainers, who think the clients dont know - but we do. In a very bridget jonesy fashion said housewife has difficulty speaking with said hot trainers without her voice rising at least two octaves. Further, the stammering and grunting that occurs as characters try desperately to get into the "skinny jeans" is a must see TV moment.
I always thought I wanted to be a low drama person, but this is so much more fun. Even with all the crying and moaning, the pain of MC and marathon running I wouldnt trade it for anything - Im totally in it for the Emmy.
Tuesday, June 3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment