I am going to stay away from talking about ASS pounding, relationships etc... I will leave that for Polska to discuss. Although, she is probably extremely depressed since Dudek is NO LONGER the starting keeper for the polish national team.
I have managed to get back some of my desire in the gym. I am COMPLETELY changing my training splits. I am going from:
1) Chest / Tris
2) Back / Abs
3) Shoulders / Bis
4) Legs
5) Rinse and repeat
To the following:
1) Chest / Back
2) ARMS
3) Legs
4) Shoulders / Abs
5) Offday - YA right.
This does a couple of things. It will allow me to hit the same muscle groups more frequently. For example, Triceps get hit during chest exercises and chest gets hit for sure during the dips and tricep cycle. It also puts ALMOST and off day before my leg day. Don't get me wrong, dips are tough, but working arms really doesn't tax the CNS like back or chest does. It also gets me back to the time when weight lifting was new and I was excited to hit the gym. But, I digress (as usual).
Dennis is also back teaching a cycling class 2 times a week at the new Golds Gym. Once he gets back from his biking accident that is. I think I will partake in these in order to help kick in some more calorie burnage. Endurance cycling with Dennis is a pretty fun 2.5 hours. Good tunes, ok people... There are many worse ways to spend an evening.
As for my diet this week, I have been bearing down. I am fitting into some skinny shorts now that I didn't even fit in when I was running triathlons in 2004. SO, I think I am making progress. I also think I MIGHT be getting bit by the triathlon bug again. Spending some time back in Wasaga beach this week brought back some VERY fond memories of running tris and I THINK I may want to do one again.
Hope everyone is set up for a great weekend. I will be playing MUCHO golf this weekend as it IS fathers day. One round Saturday, one Sunday. Good times. I will also be in the gym both days.
Thursday, June 12
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
CNS?
Endurance cycling sounds aweseome... 2.5 hours is a long time but you're right, with Dennis it's good music and good people.
Yes, definitely get back into the tris... easier said than done in the cold waters of Lake Ontario.
CNS = Central Nervous System
Dennis was in a pretty horrific crash on his bike near bethany... Lost a few teeth, broke a few bones so he isn't back yet. But when he is, it should be fun.
Post a Comment