Oh the cardio days.
Between MC on Tuesdays and Thursdays I try to do three cardio work outs on MWF (and Saturday if Im inspired or training for something). Today was one of those days. Aleks met me this morning and we strecthed before choosing what cardio to do. We started with the step mill. Unlike its ancient predecessor the Step master, the step mill is a rotating stair case to hell. Truly made by Satan himself this machine burns an excess of 130 cal/10min on level ten. I admit I hold onto the handle bars even with Aleks screaming in her best Jillian voice impersonation "Noel let go of the handle bars". We decided for 30 minutes we would ride this satanic rollercoaster and let me tell you by the end i was fixated on the count down clock, drenched in sweat, praying to Jesus that it would be over soon. let me tell you if christians really wanted to convert Jews I would highly recommend saving the sermons or biblical appeals and just stick us on a stair mill, cuz after 30 minutes I was praying to whatever G*d that would listen.
After that we got on the treadmill and unlike Monday didnt puss out but ran for an additional 30 minutes. Im still getting used to not listening to music when I run, I may need to figure something out that would allow me to multi task listening to music and talking with Aleks. there is soething about Enrique Iglesias talking about pushing up on me that makes my run go alot faster - go figure.
But the best part of the cardio days is the eye candy. The saving grace of the stari mill is the prime elevated location where you can survey all the sweaty people. You see everyone, those struggling along with you, the beautiful obnoxious I -always-look-this-good-in-the-morning people, and the eye candy. It was a little weak this morning but our endurance paid off. In our final five minutes as we were dripping sweat and cursing each other Carl our MC coach got to work, beautiful legs and all.
I guess G8d was listening to my stair mill pleas but instead of enabling me and making the stair mill break or the fire alarm sounding bringing an end to my work out he sent me something better...inspiration all wrapped up in the best quads youve ever served a martini off of.
Wednesday, June 4
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment