Monday, June 9

OFSAA

I don't have NEAR the exploits to talk about that Polska does. This week I am working out and working from Collingwood while my wife coaches Senior Girls Soccer at OFSAA. I can honestlty say that the Days Inn Collingwood has the WORST gym setup I have ever seen. ONE treadmill and ONE recumbant bike. END. Are you kidding me??? Who can get a workout on that??? I travelled to Wasaga Beach this morning to the SMALLEST Goodlife I have ever seen. Polska, it was on the SECOND floor of a Loblaws... JUST over the bakery. Are you fucking kidding me??? Who can get a run in when I can smell danish??? Not ONLY danish but peanut butter cookies. I wanted to beat on the fat slut at the desk for propping the door open. Anyway, I struggled through it. However, there was NO dip setup so I really felt like I didn't hit my triceps well at all on chest and tri day. I did do a TON of pushups though since the dumbells ONLY went to 90 lbs and that won't quite do.

Since we are in Collingwood, I will be venturing out on a trail this afternoon for a LITTLE bit of a run. This city REALLY is beautiful. We are pretty much at the base of Mount St. Louis-Moonstone which although small is VERY pretty. I didn't bring my golfclubs either which was a REALLY dumb idea.

My weekend workout sessions were short and sweet. On Saturday I did back and abs... 7 count them 7 chin ups in one particular set. I am now up to doing 5-7 sets of chin ups on each and every back session. I think that is REALLY helping with my back strength. As for abs, the floor sweepers with the 15lb dumbell between my feet are really solid. Add in the wheel, then some crunches and you really are able to hit the ENTIRE ab area very solid. I then did 50 minutes of HIIT training since I KNEW I wasn't working out on Sunday. That was REALLY painful since it was SO hot out. Goodlife has been in the same location since 1980. The airconditioning they have in there was put in within a year of the building going up. SO, it really doesn't cut it. At one point, it was 29 degrees INSIDE according to the thermostat. I told them as I was leaving that although nice in short spurts, putting the stepmill INSIDE a sauna is a good way to get someone killed.

On Sunday, we had a baseball double header in the morning. One game at 9:00, one at 11:15. I lost a total of 11 pounds over that 4 hours. It helps that it was 44 degrees outside with the humidex. While I was driving to Collingwood I drank an entire gallon of water and didn't need to pee once. SO, to say I had dehydrated myself would have been an understatement. I was going to go for a run last night but we were under a tornado warning so I decided to stay home and watch Happy Gilmore.

Hope everyone has a great week. NO CHEATING :)

1 comment:

Aleks said...

Dear God, you went to a Loblaws Goodlife? Been there, done that... awful. I didn't even think they made those coed? Thought for sure they were women only... makes sense right? Grocery shopping and workout all in one shot? The cookie smell would be torture!

As for leaving your golf clubs at home, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? That's like going to Huntsville without your clubs! In fact, I KNOW you've travelled to Huntsville with your clubs. Did you just forget? Simply stunning.

How I miss the OFSAA days...