I write this post, from a coffee shop in my building where I should be working instead. After two full days of back to back meetings, I'm catching up on email (or should be). One must not forget their priorities, blog posting!
Today was a new month and hence we added some new members to the class, and I have to admit, some decent "talent". Of the two new hotties in the class, only one sported the wedding band (the cuter of the two is single)! This new single male was also wearing a Microsoft t-shirt with "coming soon to Redwest B" written on the back! Redwest B is a stone throw from my Redwest A (my building). In fact, we share a cafeteria! Ha!
On a side track, there is another tall beauty in our class who joined about the time I joined. Apparently one day on the treadmill Allison drilled him on his stats (which by the way I have seen her do before and she is just so damn good at it). Anyways, turns out that hottie is not married, and girlfriendless. Score. So him and I exchanged banter and a quick laugh over shared dumbells this morning. Just before... oh yes, urgh, offset push ups.
Back to Redwest B hottie and his other hottie friend in the class. To my surprise, I'm eating lunch in the cafeteria today and who sits at the table next to us! You know it! So I immediately get all nervous and shaky and completely lose my appetite. I gesture to my lunch date that we should head back to our offices. On the way up I walk up to the two guys to drop the casual "hi, I work on the same part of campus as you". I get to their table and they give me this "who is this girl and why is she stopping in front of us" look. Clearly I'm no prize at 5:30 am, no makeup, in sweaty gym clothes and my hair pulled back. But to not even recognize me? Anyways, they confesses that they died in their first class and I reassured them with brutal honesty "it's only going to get way worse from here, he took it easy on us today". As I turn to go back to my office I decide on one more glance at the single one and urgh! He's wearing a wedding band! Apparently he couldn't pull himself together enough at 5 am to put the wedding band on. What a disappointment. Another one bites the dust.
Moral of the story. Allison is a great Pro Club wingman. It's a good thing too, because according to the two guys in my cafeteria, my morning "about to pass out and die in class" look doesn't work for me. I'm going to have to rely on my wingman and my charm. And my stalking skills... get the name of the single guy in my class, find out what building he works in and walk by his office (post morning shower and makeover) all day until I run into him. Shallow and crazy? You bet... it is a soap opera after all isn't it? And we single girls have to work HARD these days!!!
Tuesday, June 3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment