Wow my body is not happy with me.
I can echo Alek's words about MC yesterday, what was he thinking? My calves are so sore that walking any stairs right now is a small degree of torture. As for the run Im glad we did it because I would hate to feel what the lactic acid would be doing to my legs had we not run some of it away during our morning 6.3 miler. And Aleks totally kicked ass no matter what self depriving thing she said, she totally ran her brains out, sang to me the whole way and then sprinted home for the last 100 yards. I very much appreciate a running buddy who can challenge me and sing Mary J Blige to me at 6am :) That is truly mutlitasking at its best.
The bummer is I rolled my ankle and now its all puffy and hurts. Did that stop me from running - no! Did that stop me from wearing 3 inch heels - no! why you may ask? She's so hard core, some would say...I say its because I am a vain girl at the heart of it. Vanity gets me to the gym every morning and tells me to buck up and do it cuz thats how you get into the skinny jeans, or thats how you stop your thighs from rubbbing together like a grasshopper in a heat cycle or only having one chin when your body for some reasons thinks you should have three. I think admitting it is the first step in the road to recovery. Im never going to lie and say I run because of the beauty of nature or my cholesteral needs some work. At 29 I run because I want my ass to look awesome in a pair of Lucky jeans while I dance in my stilletto heels and pump my toned arms to the beat of music kids far younger than me listen to.
Machiaveli was a total nut job but he did have a point when he wrote about the end justifying the means. I guess it doesnt really matter why you go out and push yourself on the run, or drag yourself to the gym for some MC torture and then do it all again even when your body is seeing stars and vomit is precariously being held captive by your stomach. In the end it makes us healthier, and some of us happier.
Wednesday, June 11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It really is too bad that Aleks has a hard time carrying a tune in a bucket. I imagine her singing to me at 6:00 AM would be more like a cheese grater to the facial region.
Common! Ok, very true.
Post a Comment