Even as I am sad I know it is all about consistency. I know logically that I have been out of town for the last three weeks so consistency was at a minimum. I know I need to take it one day at a time and build up on consistency. I know all this and yet when I get on the scale and it says 156.2 after a grueling MC class which was preceded the night before by grilled fish and plain rice all I can think is - ugh.
diet is my downfall but i did well last night. we wne tto Matts in RTC and I got grilled prawns and scallops with basmati rice and cucumber salad. It was awesome, and I didnt even have desert which is huge for me.
This morning I had 1/2 a protein bar + apple before class and around 9am had plain oatmeal with cottage cheese, almonds and raisins.
Annoying as it may be I think I may need to record everything I eat on this blog to help with consistency because obviously being good 70% of the time isnt working.
Fucking scale. hate it yet cant live without it - man is that sick which is why I pay the therapist the big bucks. but it is amazing how a mere number can make your moods. I either step off the scale elated and proud or I step off defeated and feeling like my ass swallowed two watermelons.
And let me tell you no one should try that party trick.
Thursday, June 12
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The only thing I can really say about your diet is that Basamati rice is REALLY high in carbs:
Serving Size: 1 cup (100g); Calories: 346, Total Fat: 0.5g, Carbs: 78g
Not that they are necessarily BAD carbs but if they at ALL come late in the day, they will indeed effect your morning weigh in. Just to put the Carbs in perspective, 78g of carbs is equivalent to about 70 Wheat Thin crackers (My favorite). That will mess up ANYONE's glycogen stores.
If you are looking for an alternative that is tasty, look for ANYTHING green. Beans, Broccoli etc...
Post a Comment