They are not kidding when the say HOT yoga, man I have never sweat so much in my life. At first it was humorous, all the people clad in as little as possible in akward positions. This pretty much decribes my highschool years so I always find yoga classes a little funny. But then you add 105 degrees and BAM! you are soaked in sweat. So the first thirty minutes I was pretty much like "Oh my this is a great change of pace, good decision" The second thirty minutes Alek's informs me the class is 90 minutes long and from that point I took every available opportunity to growl, snarl and flip Aleks off. I believe at one point the instructor said to turn to your neighbor and give them a sign that they are doing well, I took that opportunity to give Aleks the bird - a very wet drippy kinda bird. She laughed and said cute things like you know you love me, to which I would wearily reply "maybe not today so much" of course this was muffled by the fact that my head was wrapped in a towel between my knees in childs pose begging for the class to be over.
To add injury to insult, the instigator of this foray into Yoga is Alek's friend danelle. Not only is this woman absolutely beautiful but the things she could do on a yoga mat - my G*d, thankfully the sweat covered up the drool. After class she was so excited and cheerful, looking radiant in a little white skirt. I on the other hand was needing a trip through the fluff cycle of a high power industrial dryer. Needless to say despite my swamp thing impersonation I will go back if nothing else for the variety.
Then on Monday morning, because Aleks and i were slackers on Saturday (we only walked on the treadmill for 30min) we went on a 7 mile run. It was absolutely beautiful about 55 degrees barely any clouds and Mt Rainier beckoning from a distance. We were runing with our running group 9 Nancy, Sarah and Tamara). At mile 5.5 we got to the HILL. as we started up I felt awesome, 'bout halfway I felt OK, by the top I felt like I was going to puke. It was 1.1 miles on steady and sometimes steeper incline, that is a long uphill. But we did it and there is nothing better than that feeling.
We will pay in Carl's class tomorrow.
On the diet front I am going into my second day of no sugar. I am embracing the "one day at a tie" motto. I considered giving up coffee. I also have considered a nipple piercing. Neither sounds particularly appealing and both will make me cranky. With that Im off to Starbucks.
Monday, June 16
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
1.1 miles to 51st... to 40th was 1.8 miles. 1.8 miles of solid hill climb, aka. HELL. My quads hurt from yoga and running. Carl will be torture.
Post a Comment