Friday, May 30

Why I shouldn't golf...

Even on a bad day, playing golf is 100 times better than being at work. When I'm out there, I fantasize about quitting my job and golfing every day. And depending on who I'm out there with, I may also be thinking about a little "break in the woods". The reality is that I'm house poor and will not be quitting my day job anytime before I'm 80.

However, heading into July at Microsoft is like running full steam into a black hole where people get lost and don't find their way back until September. The sun finally comes out in Seattle, the kids are on summer vacation and our European partners are off on their extended two month siestas. The motivation dwindles quickly and even if you aren't taking vacation you spend your fair share of time getting in late, taking an extended lunch, leaving early or just "working from home" (or in my case, on the golf course or sailboat).

I'll be working from my pajamas today, leaving at 2 pm for a hair apt and then yes, hitting the golf course. The unfortunate reality is that it's still May which means I'll be making up for lost work time on Sunday... but I'll be counting the days until July 1.

1 comment:

Kirk Gaskell said...

Not to forget, golf is GREAT NEPA!!!