Monday, May 19

Re: Skinny Jeans & Weekend recap

Aleks,

That is GREAT motivation... I think that visual learners need visual motivation. I know for a fact that I am one. If I didn't take my weekly pictures and try clothes on once a week, I would for SURE lose my motivation and go back to eating a LARGE bag of Doritoes.

As for my own progress, I had 3 days in a row of REALLY low temperature and increase resting heart rate. As I have read, that is a VERY good sign of a struggling metabolism and a possibility of an oncoming sickness. I took most of the weekend off to recover. I didn't GORGE on carbs by any stratch but I really didn't take note of everything that went in my mouth. Thus, I woke up this morning VERY refreshed with a LOT of energy. This "refeed" cost me a pound but it will keep me going ALL week.

As for excercise on the weekend, I had a TERRIFIC leg day yesterday morning. Aleks, my set from hell is now at the 5:00 mark. It is a REALLY good pain. From a cardio standpoint, thanks to Aleks I am now back running. I ran for 30 minutes this morning at a snails pace without much in the way of knee pain. So, that was always a good sign.

Sorry for the long post, but I hadn't posted in a few days.

2 comments:

Aleks said...

I love this recap, I always learn a ton from you. It's amazing that you can tell what your body is about to encounter by monitoring basics (like heartrate and temperature). That's pretty cool.

Ok, 5 minutes? Really? I forgot to tell Allison about that one. That exercise would make Carl look like a pansy. Seriously! I can't believe you are more than halfway to the 8 minute mark. How high does the heartrate get when you do it?

I think the 30 minutes of running without any pain is a great benefit of the weight loss. The force on joints when running is 4-5 times your body weight (http://www.hughston.com/hha/a_16_2_1.htm). So by losing almost 50 pounds, you're actually placing 200-250 fewer pounds of pressure on your joints when you run. Incredible really!

Kirk Gaskell said...

My heart rate gets upwards of places it REALLY shouldn't be. Technically being 30 now, my MAX HR is 190... I was 187 at max during my set. Of course the black edges creep into the edges of your vision during this set. NO puking though.