Tuesday, May 20

"Modified" Mountain Climbers

Carl is walking around our class today while we're doing some exercise and starts dropping big piles of towels in a few areas. He has this thing about keeping us moving... you barely stop one thing and he's starting you on the next (keeps the heart rate up). So we wrap up on one exercise, and he says "we're going to clean the floors today". Allison, who's been in the class for a few months now (and has obviously experienced this pleasure before) makes some sort of comment indicating that I'm about to experience the worst pain of my life.

This is why I LOVE Carl. If you're not doing something totally new he takes a regular exercise and ups the intensity. Today we did mountain climbers. Not just regular mountain climbers with our hands on the floor, but we also had each foot on a towel and had to slide our feet back and forth towards our hands. I don't know where he gets this shit. I searched the web and there wasn't ONE single reference to this type of modified mountain climber.

As if that wasn't enough, we did 3 sets of this:

30 second mountain climbers
30 second side plank
30 second side plank (other side)

The side planks are about a thousand times harder when you're out of breath and your shoulders already burn from the mountain climbers. I can barely keep it together for 10 seconds at a time and there are these two women behind me that are doing the side planks with their top leg and arm extended (like a star). Biatches.

This class better make me damn sexy (and way better in bed)...

1 comment:

runfatgirlrun said...

Honestly that class is all about closing your eyes and imagining carl's comments in a different context, then the class immediately becomes absolutely hysterical. try it sometime I guarentee a good laugh.

Modified Mountain climbers are quite possibly the antichrist of that class...