Friday, May 16

Breaking the rules already?

Honestly, I love Kirk's rules. Mainly because they are simple in theory, harder in practice... like everything about a "lifestyle change".

So, I have to admit that I broke one of my rules last night. Though I didn't drink to intoxication (NOT EVEN CLOSE ACTUALLY), I did have more than 2 drinks. At 1:30 pm (it's 5 pm somewhere), a friend from the office came by with wine. So, I had a HALF glass. During my dinner date last night, I had another 2 glasses and then a gin and club soda. However, I ate about half of what I normally eat when I eat out (portion control and no desert) which is probably why I was down on the scale this morning. That being said, I do NOT intend to make it a practice to get my calories from booze rather than wholesome food.

I got to bed around 11 pm last night and intended on sleeping until 7:30ish this morning. I was either going to skip out on a workout today or ride my bike on the trainer to get the blood flowing through the legs post Carl. I ended up waking up around 6 am to a beautifully sunny morning. I got dressed, picked up a coffee in the coffee shop in my building and decided to head out for a walk. You rarely get days like this around here and since I wasn't in a huge rush to get in to work this morning I figured I'd take advantage of the weather.

Not to be a lame ass but seriously, is there anything better than taking a walk by the lake with a kick ass coffee and talking to your family back home? I can imagine that it's similar to the feeling Allison gets when she takes her horse out in the morning or when Kirk gets in an early morning round of golf. I got in an hour walk, lots of fresh air and some quality time with my mom and then my brother. The eye candy isn't bad that early on the lake either... so many sexy runners. :-)

Anyways, that is the rant of the day. I guess I should shower and get on to work. I'm stuck in meetings from 10 am straight through to 4 pm today. It's a good thing I won't see the daylight because if I did, I'd be wishing I was on a patio somewhere, eating appetizers and drinking a pomegranate martini...

1 comment:

Kirk Gaskell said...

Early morning golf is VERY serene, I completely agree with you.

According to my sources, it takes 21 days to BREAK a bad habit. The first 3 weeks on my diet were PURE hell. After that, you have officially created a good habit and AWAY you go.

Everybody cheats. The key is to kick yourself in the ass, get BACK on the horse and carry on.