Tuesday, May 27

Leg Day

5:30 set of hack squats... Really, can I make it to 8 minutes??? At the 5:00 mark, I started to lose ALL control of my quads. I can honestly say that the last 30 seconds were the longest of my life. To make it worse, I need to stretch it another 15 seconds on Saturday. I must be nuts.

I was so damn tired, I only did 15 minutes of cardio. I will go for a run tonight AFTER Maddy goes to bed in order to make sure I get at least 60 minutes of cardio.

\RANT
My diet really sucks these days... I am not getting NEAR enough protein and TOO many carbs. My cravings seem to be fairly serious. It's REALLY pissing me off since it appears my cheat days are effecting my weekday eating. I might even need to cut them out completely. I get awfully cranky when I am drinking a protein shake and my wife is eating Hagen Daaz ice cream. Cookie Dough no less.
/RANT

Hope everyone had a LOVELY Memorial Day.

2 comments:

Aleks said...

Wait, you are HUMAN? I was really starting to wonder for a while. A human certainly can't do 5:15 squat sets followed by 45 minutes of step mill. That's just cruel really.

I can't believe you're even contemplating getting in a run on top of everything. That's "manning up"!

I think your body is hungry for carbs because you're upping the intensity and length of the workouts. I am trying to figure how to get in the right amount of good carbs without setting off an all out carb binge. I definitely wouldn't be able to handle it with HD Cookie Dough in my fridge. No way.

Kirk Gaskell said...

I don't like being classified as human.

I need to man up about the carbs as well. NO MORE CARBS FOR YOU!!! That's my best soup nazi impression.