I am writing this blog through a haze of muscle relaxants. With my increased leg work lately, I tweaked my back. Went to the chiropractor and found out I was a bit of a mess. I had a pinched nerve in my neck and had popped 2 ribs. Through a series of acupuncture sessions and him moving my spine manually, I am ALMOST healed. However, as he moves my back, the muscles tend to HATE that and don't respond so well.
Needless to say I had to take it A LITTLE easier on back and ab day today. I still did all my exercises, I just took it easy with the rowing motions. As for cardio, my heart REALLY wasn't in it today. I did 40 minutes of slow and steady cardio and just didn't have the energy to get into any HIIT. Tonight I did go for a little bit of a walk after my hot tub to burn a few more calories but I will REALLY need to pick up the pace tomorrow on Shoulder day.
My weight seems to be coming down SLOWLY these days. I have slowed to 1-2 pounds a week which is VERY frustrating. I am now used to 3-4 a week which makes it A LOT easier. Anyway, I shall continue to plod along and be VERY angry about it :)
Thursday, May 29
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Urgh, sorry to hear about the injuries, nothing more frustrating than having your body slow you down.
The one thing the carb cycling article tought me was to pay attention to the slower periods of weight loss and to adjust the carb intake according to how hard you're working.
It's an extremely scary thought, but I was amazed at how much they recommended upping the carb and CALORIE intake. Not sure I'd have the guts to take in that many more calories...
Post a Comment