Thursday, May 29

29 Holes

I missed mountain conditioning this morning. Last night we played softball until 9ish and by the time I got home and did laundry it was almost 10:30 pm. I had to pick up my boss at 8 am this morning to go to a work golf outing and knew that it'd make for a rough start if I got 6 hours of sleep and tried to cram in mountain conditioning before our long haul out to the golf course.

I was really pretty bummed about it, but sometimes you need to listen to what your body is saying. Turns out, today turned out to be a good day. We had the perfect golf weather, and got in our full 18 holes by 2:30 pm. Everyone was drinking away and I didn't have a single sip of booze on the course. We then grabbed lunch (and I had 2 glasses of wine) and hung out on the patio for a few hours. Because the weather was so great I was really hoping to get out and golf some more. Finally one of the guys agreed and we went out and got in an additional 11 holes. All in all, 13 hours of fresh air, 2 glasses of wine and 29 holes of golf. Not a bad day.

And because it's early in the season the golf carts were limited to the cart paths so we still got in a bit of exercise walking/running back and forth between our carts and balls. I definitely got some sun. :) I couldn't ask for anything more... but it is 11:23 and way past my bed time so some sleep will be nice.

1 comment:

Kirk Gaskell said...

How did I miss this post???

29 holes of golf sounds like a fucking sweet day to me.

I would have to cancel the drinking though. I don't do well with alcohol and golf. My swing tends to go REALLY south.