Well, I think I've spent enough time on this site setting up the blog, adding authors and reading posts. I suppose it's time to actually write something. I feel like I've been here before. A number of times. In fact, many of you have seen me here before. Here are the stats in case you need proof of the roller coaster:
Height: 66 inches
Highest weight in University: 151 lbs
Lowest weight in University (post Weight Watchers online): 137 lbs (August 2004)
Weight when I moved from Toronto to Redmond: 142 lbs (May 2005)
Weight when I joined Microsoft: 145 lbs (January 2006)
Highest weight before I joined Weight Wathchers in Summer 2007: 158.2 lbs
Highest weight I've ever seen on a scale: 163.something lbs
Weight just before last Christmas: 150 lbs (December 2007)
Current weight (as of this morning)... wait for it... wait for it... 159.2 lbs
BMI: 25.69 (officially in the overweight category)
Chest: 38 inches
Waist: 31.5 inches
Hips: 41.75 inches
R Thigh: 24.5 inches
R Arm: 10.75 inches
It's like the freshman 15 all over again. Except it's more like the freshman 20. So it's true. I would like to lose 10 lbs by July 14th. Ultimately, I think I'd like to end up in the 145 lb range.
No secret, here are my vices:
Booze
Sweets
Booze
Bread
Booze
Purple Café
Did I say Booze?
Think I have a thing with carbs? Just a bit. So Kirk has lost a bunch of weight and has really cut down on carbs. I can’t stick to his guidelines, but I can set some rules of my own. I’m a rules person, it helps me stay on track.
1. No drinking to intoxication. This will help with diet and with sticking to the workout plan.
2. It’s unreasonable for me not to drink Monday through Thursday with the number of work engagements I have (and the odd date). So, no more than 2 glasses of wine, up to two days from Monday through Thursday.
3. Portion control, portion control, portion control.
There are more and the above rules will tighten up as I progress. But these should at least ensure my survival through the first 2 weeks.
Anyways, I’m off… to walk around my floor so that I can get out of bed tomorrow morning without falling over. Damn Carl.
Wednesday, May 14
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
If you NEED to drink, drink it straight... Less calories that way. Also, follow that drinking with VIGOROUS sex... That way you net out even.
Post a Comment