Sunday, May 18

Water Retention

Dear God I hope that's what it is. I also woke up this morning and thought to myself "how can I possibly workout as much as I have and not lose weight". Apparently Allison, John and I are all in the same boat today. A huge part of me is taking comfort in knowing that John (who is the most fit person I know) is also up on the scale this morning. I'm praying that my muscles are retaining a massive amount of water to recover from yesterday's hike. Let's hope tomorrow morning will be better.

I took my before shots today. I know what I look like in shorts and a sports bra, but it's so sad when you can actually capture a permanent reminder of the rolls that hang out from beneath the bra. I hate back fat. I hate that when I gain weight, none of my bras fit anymore. I hate that I can't wear a fitted top because you can see the fat trying to escape from all side of the miracle bra (no amount of lace makes a bra sexy when even your fat is trying to run away). I refuse to buy bigger bras. Mainly because Victoria's Secret now charges $40 a pop for one and I need about 4 base colors just to get by. I have a closet full of clothes that are great, I'm not replicating it all in a bigger size. No matter what.

So, when I have some progress to show against my before shots (like Kirk), I will also post them side by side on the blog. In the meantime, I'm printing them out and using them as motivation to fit into my closet full of size 8 clothes.

1 comment:

Kirk Gaskell said...

Sometimes it takes a slap in the face to get moving. As painful as that slap in the face is.

How much water did you guys drink on your hike yesterday??? There is a VERY real chance that you have retained some. Also, if you drank a LOT and then ate something rich in carbs, you will retain even more.