Friday, May 30

Tips

From all you half / full marathoners, any tips for keeping your HR down on training runs???

I can keep track of it while on the treadmill but once I get outside, the damn thing will NOT get below 165. Even after I take a minute walk, as soon as I start jogging again, the damn thing hops right back up again. I don't FEEL like I am running fast but I guess I must be for my fat little body. I just came back from a 40 minute run and my heart has been through the ringer so to speak.

My workout today went well. Shoulders and biceps REALLY is my 3rd favorite workout but today it went REALLY well. I started a new bicep workout last week which has increased my motivation for this particular workout. I also did 30 minutes of HIIT to finish it off. With that PLUS my run, done 70 minutes of cardio today. Also, I have a baseball game tonight. So my cardio is COVERED for today.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

2 comments:

Aleks said...

I'm the wrong person to ask, I ran the entire marathon over 175 beats per minute. Worst experience of my life. :)

Base training is the best way to lower the heart rate.

http://www.trifuel.com/triathlon/triathlon-training/aerobic-base-training-going-slower-to-get-faster-001091.php

Kirk Gaskell said...

Isn't base training for sissies??? :)