Friday - 157 lbs
Saturday (morning after Cheat day) - 159.4 lbs
Sunday - 157.6 lbs
Monday - 158.6 lbs
WTF? I was so excited to come down on Sunday after cheat day only to be disapointed this morning. I question EVERYTHING the minute I get on the scale. I only got about 4.5 hours of sleep last night. So, was it the two glasses of wine I had or the lack of sleep that caused the bad weigh in this morning? Was I just dehydrated when I weighed in at 157.6 lbs yesterday? Did I weigh in before or after taking the kids to the pool (did I just write that on a blog)? What is the magic answer?
I think Kirk's thought of the day came at a perfect time. I'm going hard core at the gym, and I'm not totally half assing the diet but I could definitely do and be better. But do I really have to eat chicken and brocolli and completely cut out drinking? My two favorite lines in the article (and no, not because they contain the F bomb):
Man the fuck up.
You. Fucking. Know. What. To. Do.
Both are true. I definitely know WHAT to do, and I do need to MAN up when it comes to diet. I took my week two pictures today, this time in a bikini. Enough said.
Here's what I do know. After a few weeks in Carl's class I am getting much stronger and recovering much faster after lifting. Today we hiked Mount Si (8 miles round trip, 3700 feet of elevation) and it felt great. It was definitely a tough climb and my legs and ass burned so good but I loved it more than I hated it. The view of Mount Rainier from the top floored me. Four hours out and back and afterwards I actually went shopping with a friend (stocking up for her kid's birthday party) instead of laying on the couch and napping. That's good I think! I think that despite the slow movement on the scale, I'm making progress in my fitness. More importantly, I'm building muscle. Now I need to man up and focus on getting the diet right.
Hopefully then, all things will come together...
Monday, May 26
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Aleks,
I really try to be consistent with the times I weigh in. Whether its the kids, the full bladder, water weight, all things effect what you may weigh. I have emptied EVERYTHING in the morning before all weigh ins, don't eat or drink. 1 litre of water drank will effect your weight MORE then 1lb.
Going shopping AFTER your workout is terrific NEPA. NEPA is GOOD stuff. I will give you a solid example. I played golf yesterday and after the round I was 3 pounds lighter. Even though I drank 2 litres of water during the round.
NEPA is your friend. Possibly even more important then the workout itself. Everyone here seems to work out REALLY hard so that isn't the problem. Whether it be parking further away from the mall, walking some stairs instead of the escalator... All of it helps.
Post a Comment