- Leg Extensions: Single leg, 1 1/4 reps with 45 lbs x 3 sets in order to loosen up the legs.
- Leg Curls: 90-120 lbs for 3 sets.
- Squats: 5 - 7 sets, starting at 225 lbs, ending at 295 lbs, minimum of 4 reps per set.
- Sissy Squats: Will be superset with the back squats.
- Front squats: 5-6 sets, starting at 135 lbs, ending at 190 lbs, minimum of 6 reps per set.
- Overhead squats: Will be superset with the front squats. Weight is usually ONLY 65 lbs.
- Set from HELL: 5:15 on the hack squat machine... FUN FUN.
- Stiff Legged Deadlifts: 3 sets ~ 155-200 lbs.
- Lunges: 3 set to failure of 125 lbs.
Finish off with 30-35 minutes of cardio on the stepmill.
After that, I will ensure a protein shake and TONS of BCAA's which will allow me to walk normal on Friday.
As for my diet, I have been fairly strict this week. I am really trying to get this weight off as I am tired of being a fat guy.
I wanted to comment on Allisons post from yesterday about settling. I REALLY think there are a lot of people out there that have the "settling" mindset. I have been one of them for years. I have had some of the BEST excuses:
- I have been fat for a long time, I am genetically predisposed to being fat, nothing I can do.
- My parents aren't thin, so how can I be??
- I workout hard, I deserve these chips.
- I'm just big boneded.
- I am really stressed out, some chocolate will make me feel better.
However, it really takes out of the box thinking to get past it. My Dad has told me since I was 13 that I would ALWAYS struggle with my weight. I was on slimfast in 8th grade while my friends ate chicken wings. To say I have been an emotional eater would be a SERIOUS understatement. It has taken a HUGE change in mindset for me to realize that with a "correct" diet I can make huge changes. I say correct because it works for me. It's not necessarily the ONLY way to skin a cat. However, in a LOT of cases, low carb is the way to go to make quick and solid gains.
Sorry for the long winded post, I was bored :)
2 comments:
I puked a little in my mouth just thinking about that leg day. You make Carl look like a sissy. :)
I think the majority of the population is either in constant denial, making up excuses and stuck in a bad cycle of eating emotionally. I'm one of them, and I do know how hard it is to get on the right track. I'm happy to be on the other side, staying focused these days...
Constant denial is a GREAT way to put it.
That along with the "I will start tomorrow" excuse were always HUGE for me.
Post a Comment