when I run I always have this mantra in my head...
"run fat girl run"
It works, and I love running.
So I mentioned I was going running in the Ozarks of Missouri. Well two things I hate more than anything in life are ticks and snakes. I am never going to be a mountain woman, country girl or REI mascot. In fact I hold dearly to my JAP (Jewish American Princess) title. But I like a challenge so when my cousin suggested that he take us to the best trail run around I was like "Hell Ya!!"
I clarified that there was a trail, of course he said. I clarified that we would be sticking to this trail, of course he said.
Dont trust relatives.
We got there and where there may have beena trail was a grass covered sope. See the trail he asks, I say no and with a tear in my throat proceed to follow the two boys into the tall grass.
We ran for about 30minutes when I had to stop due to the heat and humidity. This was a bad idea. No ssoner did we stop than I looked down and saw an army of ticks marching up my pant leg. With the beating I gave myself I will be black and blue tomorrow but I got them off and then with some goading continued to run. I was feeling pretty proud of myself for "toughin it out" until it happened. Im running and a snake, yes thats right a snake slithers across my foot. with that I let out a scream to make my JAP heritage proud and said:
Peace out Im done
point me in the direction of the car.
And with that I was running like a microsoft wife towards the nordstrom half yearly sale.
The moral of this story: do not trust relatives :)
Friday, May 30
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I just puked a little in my mouth. Yuck. Anything that can crawl or slink over you like that is sick!
Speak of Half Yearly Sale, it started May 21st. Think there is anything good left? ;-)
What is this sale youy speak of???
The Nordstrom's half yearly sale occurs in the May-June timeframe and again in December. They put a ton of seasonal stuff on sale to make room for new stuff.
Shoes are usually an incredible deal, plus "winter" or "summer" gear depending on which season you're heading into. They even tend to put the super expensive jeans on sale at times.
All in all, a complete danger zone.
http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/6002242/0~2376788~6002242?origin=hp
Post a Comment