Saturday, May 24

Polska and her Sins

At least you didn't sleep with someone you might regret... OR did you??? :)

You know, this happens to everyone. Most of what you ate since VERY carb rich goes to replenishing your glycogen stores. It feels like shit but it WILL come right off now that you are back on the horse.

I thought you handled it VERY admirably. You got out, got a workout in and didn't snowball one rough evening into 2 bad days, then 3 bad days. Everyone slips, it's how you handle it that counts.

Enough about your hedonistic endeavours yesterday. I ONLY managed 2 pounds myself this week but I got under that 235 barrier that was very, very tough. Now down a lousy 48 pounds. I was HOPING to surpass 50 this week. However, with the start of soccer season tomorrow, this will add approx 3 extra hours of NEPA activity to my week. Hopefully that will kick my fat body into overdrive.

As for my own workout today, I went for a 40 minute run myself on the treadmill. Mostly I am STILL doing run 5 walk 1 but this is MUCH better then the walk 1 run 1 I did at the start of my diet.

For weights today it was chest and triceps day. Looked a little like this:

1) Flat Bench: 5 sets, 225 * 7, 235 * 6, 235 * 5, 235 * 3, 225 * 6
2) Incline Bench: 4 sets, 135 * 15, 155 * 10, 165 * 6, 165 * 6
3) Pec Deck: 4 sets, 145 * 12, 160 * 8, 175 * 6, 190 * 4 (OUCH)
4) Weighted Dips: 6 sets of 5+ with 45 pounds strapped to my waist.
5) Rope pull downs: 3 sets of 10 with 110.
6) Dips: Superset with pulldowns to failure.
7) One arm rope pulldowns: 3 sets to failure with 50.

Off for the night. Today is MY cheat day so I may indulge in a little something something. Not all out like Dudek, but a little something.

Have a nice weekend.

CHEERS

2 comments:

Aleks said...

No, no sleeping with someone I might regret. :)

48 lbs IS admirable and you're still losing. I don't know how you maintain this level of effort over so many weeks!

I learn something new every time you write a post. NEPA - Didn't know what it was and searched it on the web. Non-exercise physical activity. I guess the yard work I did today qualifies as NEPA. Are there any good articles on this somewhere? What do the experts say about NEPA?

I signed up for a work softball league (I know, lame). But assuming I don't indulge in beers during the game, it keeps my body busy after work away from the refridgerator. Much better than laying on the couch...

Aleks said...

One more thing... Dudek, HA HA HA HA HA.

So what do the non-Dudek cheat days look like?