Tuesday, May 27

Depleted

I'm definitely not as sore as I expected to be after yesterday's hike. However, even after 8 hours of sleep last night, I am completely beat today. I *almost* stayed in bed when the alarm went off at 4:45 am this morning, and it took everything I had to get my ass to the gym.


I had nothing in the tank. I just couldn't get the muscles firing. I could almost feel my depleted glycogen stores, like a next day bonk. Last week when I was getting over my cold my heart rate was peaking around 194. Today I felt like I was sweating up a storm, breathing hard and I peaked at 166. Either my HR monitor is off or my body is confused. Je ne sais pas. I'm going to listen to what it's saying though, drink lots of water today, get in some QUALITY carbs and get another good night's sleep tonight. I think I'll ride the bike or do the elliptical at the gym tomorrow morning just to work out the kinks.


On a side note, I heard a song on the weekend that I loved the minute I heard it, didn't take a few listens to get hooked. It's called "I kissed a girl" by Katy Perry. This song makes me dance around my condo clapping my hands above my head. I think I like it because it set to that beat you always hear at hockey games (Gary Glitter - Rock and Roll, Pt. 2) combined with some 80's pop. Plus the lyrics are kinda fun. :) Click on the links and you can hear both on YouTube.


One quick picture of the hike yesterday:


1 comment:

Scheris said...

I love that new song too... but not so good when my 9yr old starts singing it.. YIKES.