My three month old, super sexy Lenovo laptop is having issues. After a few months of over use, it can't seem to exit sleep mode and just shuts down. The late nights, early mornings, working on weekends, and never really resting over night has caused it to be very slow during the day and just shutting down without warning.
Oddly enough, this is how I feel... my body is having the same reaction as my laptop. The hard workouts, without proper rest, fuel and sleep is causing me to lag at work, have restless sleep at night and generally feel sore all the time. Here was the schedule this week:
Sunday - Long run (11 miles)
Monday - 5K (9:15 mile pace)... this was supposed to be a recovery run but I get all nervous and shit when I run alone, and tend to just run faster.
Tuesday - M.C.
Wednesday - Speed training and walked a round of golf in the afternoon
Thursday - M.C.
I'm certainly feeling the pain of not having truly recovered from my long run. As much as it pains me, I will likely have to drop M.C. in August to focus on running and proper marathon weight training. The class has too much of a focus on legs which isn't necessary when putting in the kind of miles we'll be running in August. I will have to rely on Allison to give me my Carl fill while I'm on hiatus.
Anyways, the other issue is that I haven't come home any night this week, I've been out and about late and usually having a few drinks. This really has to stop. Last night however, I grabbed dinner with John and Allison, and we came home to watch So You Think You Can Dance. I was in bed by 11 pm and was woken up by a phone call at 8:40 am! I'm working from home today, so I knew I could sleep in a little... but I never thought for a second that my body wouldn't just naturally wake me up by 7 at the latest. I obviously needed the sleep! And even though I'm sore, I am feeling much better! Hopefully I'll feel even better after my massage later this morning...
Kirk! I'm coming home early Friday morning, August 8th and staying through Thursday, August 14th. Looking forward to hitting the gym, and hopefully a little golf! I also have a long run (17 miles) planned for that weekend, any chance you want to run or ride your bike along? I know it will be excruciatingly slow on a bike... but I did a 15.5 mile run in the dead summer heat in Peterborough when I was training for Seattle but it was SO damn painful! It may actually be good for me to get in a run alone, but it's always more fun to have company. :) Anyways, I'll let you think about that one...
Friday, July 11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Can we plan a loop that I can run half, ride half??? Glad to have a workout partner back.
Golfing is my main focus. Only 20 years until the senior PGA Tour calls so I need to brush up.
Damn straight... I love the idea! Any ideas where you want to run?
Post a Comment