Allison's blog about the speed training was bang on, couldn't add a single bit of color to that. Except the following... I have always known that Allison was fast, but it's sad how slow she makes me look. The good news is, that she's the person running partner because I have to try to keep on her heels.
Three nights in a row now that I've had less than 5 hours of sleep. I skipped MC on Tuesday but made it to speed work yesterday morning. During our run yesterday I mentioned to Allison that at times, we will have to put work/school in front of training, but I would NEVER prioritize partying over training.
Well, last night I was out a little late and drank a little wine. We had an all day offsite and afterwards, by some gift from God, I was left at Redhook Brewery with three executives from work. I met two of them for the first time, and one just happens to be my future husband. He may not know it yet, he does have a girlfriend, but who doesn't? And that's my MO right? Go after the men that have girlfriends? Why change now? The difference is that this guy is not what I would call super hot (balding and a little quirky)... but he's just endearing and really smart, and funny as hell. Plus, he laughs at all my dumb jokes! Oh, did I mention that he is mega rich (started that company called aQuantive that Microsoft bought for 6 billion last year), but drives a Ford Escape? He aspires to be a cage fighter but has a 4.5 lb Pomeranian named Caramel? I'M IN LOVE (for this week at least).
What was my point? Oh yes, not putting partying in front of working out. Going to bed around midnight last night I set my alarm for 4:45 am. I didn't actually think I would make it, but knowing that I missed Tuesday and will be traveling for a full week in July I really had the guilt going. I woke up this morning and that conversation with Allison jumped into my head "I will never prioritize partying over training". And up I went.
ONLY TO SHOW UP IN CLASS AND THERE WAS NO CARL!!! Don't even get me started, and I'm sure Allison will be posting along these lines as well. But common! You want me to workout through a hangover and no sleep staring at a 65 year old Carl replacement? Give me a break! Apparently Carl had the choice of teaching today or climbing Mount Olympus. Who would ever pick Mount Olympus over seeing Allison and I at 5:30 am?
Anyways, suffered through it. Supposed to golf this afternoon but we are currently experiencing some thunder storms. Tonight at midnight is the Firecracker 5000 (5 km if first few minutes into July 4th). The plan is to run it, we'll see. :)
Thursday, July 3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment