Wednesday, July 30

Ode to a Tennis Ball

o' Tennis ball
so firm and round
I roll upon you
when on the ground
until my ass goes quite numb
I do the other side
just for fun
and when I think the fun is through
my IT band calls to you
so on the side
I roll my hip
as tears well up I bite my lip
but thinking I am nearly done
my world brightens like the sun
until I stand and feel my glute
who tightens, tweaks and reminds me that
Im not done I must roll my ass
so I sit upon the ball
and roll until I cry
until the people at the gym comment as they walk by
"you should roll upon a ball
it will help tremendously"
and I realize to my shame
the ball they cannot see
because my ass hangs over you
hiding you under me
so I guess tomorrow I'll be back
in mountain conditioning
doing 200 squats and lunges
and running a mile or two
so the following day you can be sure
I'll be rolling again on you.

No comments: