Thanks to Kirk, we'll be reviving the blog... it's like we needed to rebreak the seal after our drought from posting! So happy he did, and he's back and also getting over the "cleansing".
So I don't know what it is, but it's like I think it's appropriate to relive my glory days. I have been on a bender for about two and a half weeks now. Don't get me wrong, I'm getting in my workouts... but ask Allison how many of those workouts I'm either hungover, on 3 hours of sleep, or still buzzed. Hello, McFly?!?!? I'm no longer 21! It started in NY, moved on to Atlanta and just continued when I got back last week. It's gotten to a point where my mom made a comment about me "having a problem".
It all came to a head this morning on the treadmill for our speed workout. Yesterday I had already started thinking about cutting back this week's speed workout from 7 miles down to 5. We have a 16 mile run planned for this weekend and after a killer M.C. class yesterday, we needed a day to chill a bit.
Let's just say that cutting back the distance didn't really matter because we still did all of the hardest parts of the workout. It got to a point where I thought I was going to pass out, plus throw up, plus I was sweating cause it was extra hot in the gym and the booze was coming out of my pores AND TMI, but I totally had the night after drinking shits coming on.
All I wanted to do was get off the treadmill and go back to sleep, but after "never saying die" last night at the bar, I kept repeating "never say die" on the treadmill this morning. It helps when your pace bunny is a total hottie and she's rocking out to her iPod next to you. At that point, you really can't give up. That said, honestly, never again. It was the worst experience I've had at the gym in a long time, and I'm sick from the lack of sleep so the party is officially over.
My friends at work are all stopping in to share in the pleasure that is the tennis ball. I think Allison described it beautifully. :)
Kirk, I'm flying in to town next Wednesday, August 6th and staying through the following Wednesday. Count me in for any and all workouts you have planned. Also, Colby reworked the marathon training schedule so I could have a shorter run on the schedule for next week. So, how do you feel about 8-10 miles instead of 18 on Saturday? :-)
Monday, July 28
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment