Tuesday, July 22

Back Pack Guy

Last Thursday was a hellacious day in MC. Carl was in rare form and everyone - even the annoyingly in shape people - were struggling by the end.

So today as I descend the stairs I'm feeling optimistic (which is unusual for me) because usually Carl gives us a reprieve following a crazy workout. However my optimism begins to rapidly fade as I enter the room and see Back Pack Guy. This guys is obviously hardcore with a mountaineering back pack strapped on probably full of lead blocks...Carl is really excited to see him and they are talking gregariously about the perils of climbing mountains.

All is can think is "Oh Shit Carl's gonna have to impress this guy, because Carl's a man and that's how men role - this is not good"

And it was so not good. So many lunges, of every variety that I was shaking such that I had to clench my teeth so the world wouldn't find out that I was a big humongous pussy. At one point I even told Carl to leave me alone wheh I was on the VersaClimber and he came over to give me his "motivational speech". Ya leave me alone, kiss my @$$ and write a love story about it cuz I think I'm gonna puke was all said in a look. I mean I will do alot of things for Carl since he is oh so fine but at some point looks run out and then he's just a sadist telling me to "push it" or "up your tempo".

The whole time Back Pack Guy is smiling and laughing with his ole buddy Carl. Dude Shut the F up. To rub salt in the wound Carl made us do these things called Spidermans. Ya - halfway through I stood up, glared at Carl and refused to crawl across the floor like an epileptic super hero - there is only so much shame a girl can take.

Tomorrow we have Colby's 7 mile speed workout. Lets see Back Pack Guy do that with a smile on his face.

No comments: