Sunday, July 6

Better than expected

What a great morning! The out and back/out and back loop at Alki worked out beautifully today. Nancy, Jess, Wendy and I ran the entire 11 miles, while Irina joined us for the first 5 and Tamara joined us for the back 6. Oh, and let's not forget Gabriel on his bike pulling the entire 11 miles! Then off to brunch at Endolyne Joe's... mmmm...

All in all, felt pretty good. The new shoes were great, no issues and it was obvious that I was finally in the right shoe size. Not sure why I hadn't clued into that way before, and had to have the girl at Everyday Athlete tell me to go up a size. Oh well, note taken.

During the run I kept a mental note of what my regular pains were so that I can highlight the right symptoms during my podiatry appointment tomorrow. I'm excited to go in and hope that this fresh set of eyes can get me in the right pair of orthotics. Dr. Mauer is supposed to be great, plus he's a serious runner... he gets it. His website is www.rundoctor.com, he better get it.

Because my back has been super sore I'm working today while sitting on a Swiss ball. Can't figure out if it's helping or making it worse... I hear good things about it so I figured I'd try.

On tap for tomorrow morning, nice easy indoor cycling and then off to the Run Doctor. :)

No comments: