In case there was any impression that I can pull three workouts in one day, I can't... it wasn't even a good idea. What was I thinking?
After the icky, old substitute teacher on Thursday morning, I played (and actually walked) a round of golf. Yes I used a pull cart instead of carrying my bag, but I still walked. :-) I really had no intention of running the midnight Firecracker 5000. After all, I got up at 4:45 am to do 90 minutes of strength training... then I walked golf, that should suffice. Unfortunately one of my golf partners was planning on heading home after golf, knocking back a couple of more drinks and running the race. Colby has done this a few times, and he feels the same way about the Firecracker that I do about the Mark Forrester tournament: there is no point in participating unless you're hungover or still buzzed. Apparently this is a sentiment shared by many (Tamara)!
So he called me on my way home after golf to take one more shot at me for being a "ninny". Seems he knows how to get to me. I called Nancy and Tamara and planned to meet them at the Kirkland Park and Ride. For good measure, I decided to take Allison down with me. I did what every good friend does best... get to her husband first who I knew would be all over it, and before she knew it, she was getting out of bed to make her way to Seattle. She really DOES love me! ;-)
We ran a nice slow 5K, 29 minutes that felt pretty tough at times. We were planning on running even more slowly, but of course Allison the pace bunny doesn't know how to do that. So I chased, that's what I get for dragging her into it.
As for Colby on his buzz? 20:36. I don't think I can be friends with him anymore, I have a feeling his speed workouts for us are about to get a lot harder.
The point of this story is that I got home at 3 am and took Friday and Saturday off to recover... to clean the disaster that had become my condo and do laundry. I finally picked up a couple of new pairs of running shoes which I'm hoping will help with the aches I've been getting from running lately. I know this is a bad idea, but their first test run is our 11 mile long run tomorrow.
So where has Kirk disappeared to? I hope our lack of posting last week hasn't alienated him?!?!?
Saturday, July 5
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment