Today we did not have to scale the fence. Today we just prayed, in a group, that this workout would be over. Speed training is fun yet horrendous, important yet purposely forgettable. But we had a big group and that was great. We all ran at our own paces and once again we were all surprised that we were actually faster than what the plan had laid out for us.
I was already feeling pretty sore going into the run. and then you know what happens - you loosen up and your muscles get warm - and then you forget you were sore in the first place, which makes you push harder. This is wonderful until about an hour later standing in the shower, I'm shaving my leg which cramps ( not good when you are holding a razor). All I can do at that point is pray to Jesus that he doesn't let it last long. This is obviously a desperate act since as a Jew me and Jesus don't have a lot of talk time. I have since taken the elevator around my work, which is only two levels tall and sat in the most padded chair I could find.
Colby should never come to these workouts : I will flog him with every ounce of strength in my puny yet mighty muscles.
Diet wise I'm refocusing and trying to simplify we will see if it works. I looked at Jillian's diet from the biggest loser and was struck by how little she wanted someone to eat. Ex: breakfast = packet plain oatmeal. I tried to imagine this morning running this workout and then having a packet of oatmeal with nothing more until Lunch. Can we all say it together "BITCH", it would not be pleasant and then I would be a thin but friendless girl.
Kirk, we sooooo missed you.
Aleks, I asked Carl for mercy due to soreness and he wrote, and I quote, "noted"
what a pud
Wednesday, July 9
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment