After all my intentions to run Monday morning, I slept until 10 am and got right ready for work. My fatal flaw was taking a sleeping pill on Sunday night, which knocked me out for 10 hours. Because the diet is never good in NY, I needed to make up for it this morning.
I made plans to meet up with Colin at 7 am this morning. He's super cute, totally nice... he works for our agency in NY and I ran with him this last May in Toronto. I read until 2 am last night but dragged my ass out of bed today and ran the 2 miles to meet him and some girl (girlfriend maybe?) at the corner of E 77th and 3rd. She was this cute, 5'9"ish girl who used to play volleyball for Syracuse... all legs. We walked over to Central Park and started a 6 mile loop. My lack of filter came out right away and I had to comment on her HOT legs. Seriously... long, lean runner legs... definitely a jumper (from the volleyball). That is inspiration at 7 am!
I cut out of the park after 5 miles because it was closer to my hotel than where they were looping back to. 5 miles, 42 minutes... damn volleyball legs. I then ran the last 1.67 miles back to my hotel. Total of 8.67 miles, 1:18 minutes (which does not include the walk over to the park). The park was great, shaded, clean, lots of runners and bikers. The streets were hot, sticky, smelly with way too many cars and people. But, I guess that's the experience of running in NY... and that's so cool.
And TMI... since today was my first day of exercise after Nancy's party and the long run Saturday morning I FINALLY cleared out after the run. Thank goodness for that, I was so seriously bloated.
Tonight I'm meeting my friend Claudia for dinner and then I'm heading with work people back to Central Park for the NY Philharmonic Orchestra Concert in the Park.
http://nyphil.org/
The agency does pro bono work for them and as corporate sponsors they get free front row tickets to the show. I think it starts at 9 pm and is followed by fireworks. Seriously! I hope that I make it until 9 pm after 4 hours of sleep...
Off to Atlanta tomorrow... I'm wondering how Allison's back is doing after coloring and how Kirk is feeling after the food poisoning...
Tuesday, July 15
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment