Thursday, July 31

Close your mouth

Yesterday Aleks mentioned that MC didn't have enough upper body or core. For the most part I agree, it does focus more on the lower extremeties. I don't say anyting for a couple of reasons 1. my lower body needs a lot more work than my upper body and 2. I don't tempt fate. Aleks was courageous and threw that statement out there.

God took that statement and laughed.

Today we had to do mountain climbers with towels followed by lateral pillar bridge completed by doing pinwheels where you are in a push up position except your feet are on the step and you walk with your hand all the way around your step in a 360 degree arc both ways.

we also did a variety of other heinous upper body exercises. That being said I would say that class was only moderately hard. I didn't cry and I didn't want to vomit which are my benchmarks for difficulty level.

As Carl is rattling off to the sequence to the weight lifting group I am blissfully pedaling away on the bike for my cardio. Why blissful you ask? It's not b/c of the bike thats for sure. My ass still eats bycicles for lunch and really cardio equipment should not make your "special" place sore like an upright bike does. But I was happily pedaling away staring at the awesome eye candy that our gym provides until I was jerked out of my revelry by the statement of ...

"close your mouth"

What a friend, I must have looked like a complete goober. Well usually I do anyway but at least now I can maintain the same amount of saliva in my mouth that I started with. Phew!

After class we went and got measured:
Chest: 35
Hips: 42
waist:27.75
thigh: 26?
arm: 12

No big changes. No crying. No vomiting. Just one big open mouth.

No comments: