My mom tends to read this blog so I'll try to say this as nicely as possible. As irritating as it is when she asks me the EXACT same question over and over again, sometimes it's necessary. Now I'm an adult and don't generally need to be reminded to get some paperwork done for my Canadian taxes 100 times, but when one refuses to listen, it is necessary.
Unlike my situation where I'm making progress towards this little Canadian Revenue Agency problem I'm having right now, Kirk refuses to see a doctor. WTF? The Jewish mom in Allison and the Polish mom in me will now post EVERY DAY NOT about vag's but about Kirk seeing a doctor. Every post will start with "Kirk, have you gone to your GP?" In fact, maybe we'll have an all out blog strike until he makes an apt and all we'll write are repeated subject lines that say "Kirk, have you gone to your GP?" Trust me, we have experience with this... eventually your resolve breaks down with the constant nagging and you must comply. I LOVE YOU MOM. :-)
Because it's so hot in Seattle we decided to run the long run this week on Sunday morning since it's looking like we might get a tiny bit of cloud cover and slightly cooler temperatures tomorrow. Around 8:30 this morning I ran a short and slow 5 km to loosen up for tomorrow and it was yucky. I ran along the water so it was breezy but I was still drenched by the time I got home! I'm going wine tasting and out to dinner with a friend tonight. With 18 miles on deck for tomorrow, I have plenty of motivation to hydrate and drink in moderation.
Allison (Jewish mom) has been nagging me over and over again to join eHarmony again. I'm a little paranoid about it now because I have a couple of friends on it and I am tired of running into Microsoft people I know on online dating sites. But while I was on gmap-pedometer.com today I saw an add for a dating site for active singles. PERFECT RIGHT? I signed up, hesitantly. I'm going to ease into it, fill in my profile later this week. Maybe I can find someone who cares about healthy living as much as the friends I surround myself with each day.
Allison, I may take you up on your offer to take some new pictures for my profile.
Kirk, have you booked an appointment with your GP yet? :-)
Saturday, August 16
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
signing up is a start I am so proud of you! And I will totally take some pics, you should totally wear the plaid shrts you know how much I love those.... :)
We just call them doctors here :)
Post a Comment