Friday, August 8

LIES I TELL YOU

While Kirk can say all he wants about my running, he lifts, pulls, pushes more weight than would (or should) be towed by a truck. While I was lifting away at my 5-15 lb dumbbells today, he was lifting a bar between his legs that looked like it had the equivalent of a baby elephant in weight plates on the end. Oh, and did I mention that he keeps losing weight while the rest of us... well, let's just say he keeps losing lots of weight. :)

As for the comment about biking or rollerblading along side me, I said it for two reasons:
1 - He was being a big VAG and said he didn't think he could hang for 8 miles
2 - He's already working out FOUR times a day (yes, you read that right) and if he could hang for 8 miles that would make me look like a giant VAG

Anyways, the Achilles pain set in again yesterday afternoon and was still there this morning. I took it pretty easy, did some weights and 30 slow minutes on the elliptical. I am going to do the 8 miles on the treadmill tomorrow, to manage the pace and to run on a softer surface, and hopefully keep the heel pain to a minimum. I hope I can survive 80 minutes on a treadmill, I'll need to bring some magazines and good tunes.

Along the lines of pain, there is a fantastic article in this month's Runner's World called "Why Do We Suffer?" I've tried to find it online but it's nowhere to be found. Stay tuned, next post I'm going to pull out my favorite quotes... ones that we'll all relate to but sound funny when you actually see them on paper.

No comments: