Wednesday, August 13

Heading Home!

It's Wednesday at 7:42 am, and I'm leaving at 9 am for the airport. I had to post quickly to say a few things.

1 - I love coming home and getting to workout with Kirk. A change in routine and scenery is really nice and if I'm not motivated by his continued weight loss then there is something wrong with me.

2 - I'm looking forward to going home. I did wake up wishing I could spend a few more days here but I could use a couple of days at home alone, to shut down completely before I head back to work on Monday.

3 - Thanks to Kirk, I worked out every morning I was here (except this morning of course). With two days of parties for my niece's birthday this weekend, I still got to the gym 6 days in a row and didn't gain a pound. Committed workout partners are so key to weight loss success. I'm lucky to have a few of those in Redmond, and a solid one in Peterborough. Oh, and thanks to Kirk's star status at the GoodLife here, they gave me a week pass to workout for free, rather than paying $30+ dollars for it. :-) That's an indication of how frequently Kirk works out and how many years he's been working out at that club.

4 - I'm bringing something back to Redmond that I promised I would. Evidence of me, partaking in synchronized swimming when I was about 10. Pulling the pictures out brought back lots of great memories.

5 - One comment on why Allison didn't complete the speed training. I have seen her complete the workout with more fuel in the tank to keep going. She's sticking to a certain calorie count each day to keep up the weight loss. If I were sticking to a lower calorie count while training for this marathon there is no way I'd make it out of bed half of the days. The difference in recovery after a workout and how I feel the next day is 100% related to how soon and how well I eat after a workout. Point being, don't let her fool you... she's quite capable of doing all of the workouts, but is focused on her own goals right now. Which by the way, I'll be joining quickly post marathon.

Alright, gotta get showered and head to the airport! Coming home sweet home...

No comments: