I have zero motivation this week. Period.
I'm busy from being out of office, I have a new hire that I'm trying to ramp up and we had to let someone on my team go this week. As a result, I'd rather go out with friends after work and have a drink and sleep in every morning. It doesn't help that I'm not back in mountain conditioning yet which gives me an "out" on Tuesday and Thursday. So here's what I've pulled together for the week.
Monday - 45ish minutes of elliptical with Allison
Tuesday - I was giving my hip a "break" after physio Monday afternoon (translation, I couldn't sleep at night and decided to sleep in)
Wednesday - 5 mile tempo run (1 mile warm up, 3 miles tempo, 1 mile cool down)
Thursday - No mountain conditioning and no motivation to workout after going out the night before and getting home at 1 am (why do I do this to myself)
Friday - I slept for 9.5 hours last night, obviously I needed it. Didn't want to run AT ALL today, but forced myself into 5 km near my house.
Tomorrow I hope to have some time to do a short and slow run to get moving the day before the long run Sunday (20 miles). That said, I'm going to the Boeing Classic for the day and I'm not sure what time we're heading over there.
http://www.boeingclassic.com/
So if I run tomorrow and Sunday I'll have 5 days total on the week. This is great, but the level of intensity on the Monday workout, this morning and tomorrow's run is not up to par for marathon training. I really should have done something like 5-7 miles of speed work today. I guess in every training schedule you're going to have down weeks. Coming off the workouts in Peterborough and 18 miles on Sunday, heading into 20 miles this weekend, I guess I can cut myself some slack.
Next week I'll be back in Carl's not so comfortable womb which should provide some additional motivation. Maybe then I won't be such a giant VAG. ;-)
Friday, August 22
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment