Monday, August 25

Great Long Run

After a disastrous long run last weekend, I never imagined I could come back feeling great one week later. But after popping the hips back into place on Monday and going for a check up on Friday, everything went smoothly on Sunday.

Jess and I headed out for 20 miles yesterday. We ran 10 miles and met up with Nancy and Sarah the last 1o miles. Nothing really to write home about, the body felt great minus the achiness in the ankles from the new orthotics. Going to get the lift on Thursday for my left orthotic which I hope takes care of that. Hopefully I'm not jinxing myself but it all really felt fine.

The last three miles I decided to finish out at marathon pace or faster just to see how it felt. I ran out the last three at 8:40 to 9:20 pace, then 8:20 to 8:40 and just kept trying to knock off pace as I got closer to the end. The last half mile or so I ran out in the 7:50 to 8:10 range. I was definitely in a higher heart rate zone which I couldn't sustain for the entire marathon, but I'm hoping that 9:40 is doable over 26.2 miles.

I want to run the 12 mile long run on Friday this week so I can enjoy the long weekend. So tomorrow I'm going to do the 7 mile speed workout... should be a nice welcome back to running after 20 yesterday, having taken today off.

Why's the blog so VAG'in quiet?

No comments: