Tuesday, August 26

Hello, is anybody home?

Where is everyone? :-) Allison is in her last week of work before she begins her studies next month. Kirk, what are you up to?

Two side effects of the long run:

1 - Increased hunger. Yesterday I moved from my regular schedule of eating every three hours to eating every two hours. Today is a little better, but not by much... eating every three is a bit of a struggle. I tried to keep it healthy even though I had to up my snack intake between meals to satisfy the constant hunger. For instance, I ate lunch 2:45 hours ago and I feel like I could eat another full lunch, instead of a small snack to get me through to dinner. A Big Mac meal would work (sorry Kirk, even your food poisoning can't kill my love of McDonald's). But we all know I wouldn't eat McDonald's if my life depended on it for fear of slapping that 100% beef burger right onto my ass.

2 - Low energy. I can totally understand why training plans have you run two long runs followed by a week where you cut back before you increase mileage again. I picked up some really wonderful recovery powder when I was in Peterborough which is great for soreness in muscles, but it doesn't help with fatigue. I woke up this morning and decided against speed work. I ran 5K near my house instead and am planning to meet Allison tomorrow morning at the gym to ensure I get my ass there. I ran the 5K at an average pace of 8:56 so at least I was moving. I tried to slow down a number of times but I wanted to get it down so badly it just made me speed up. :)

Alright, like Kirk often says, I'm tired of talking to myself so I'm looking for a good VAG post. I'm working from home today because I had a bunch of conference calls and couldn't be bothered to get ready for work when there was no need for me to be there. I managed to shower and put on sweats and tie my hear back. That's progress right?

1 comment:

Kirk Gaskell said...

Showering shows GOOD progress for the day.