Monday, March 30

When you can't find it within, find it in others...

Kirk, reading about your progress (and Ange's!) is starting to draw out the motivation in me. I've had a number of conversations in the last week with people around here all complaining about the same issues... no motivation, constantly hitting the snooze button and just generally being tired of winter.

I know I can't sit around and just wait for motivation to happen. I know that once a person puts one foot in front of another for a a few consecutive days, it starts to become habit.

Winter is turning around, Julio is moved in, ski season is coming to an end... only I can push myself into the habit. I like reading up on what you're doing on vacation because vacation really is a hard time to stay on program. Road trips = junk food. When you combine that with a gym that caters to the 65+ crowd, that really can make for a bad week! But if you stick to the plan and add some golf, you're going to have a great week!

I went up to the mountain yesterday and had a great day skiing... it was a hard effort, so I almost bagged on the workout this morning. I got up anyways, and went in for 35 minutes on the treadmill.

I haven't decided whether or not I'm going to sign up for the Seattle Rock n Roll Half Marathon on June 27th. It's still 3 months away, everyone is doing it, so I should just sign up. The forcing function was that I would have a reason to get running again, and to dedicate myself to workouts. Colby is also making me run it, he's putting together my plan this Sunday so that I don't bag on the race. Sign up, pay, train, race.

I also have to weight train twice a week and when I get lazy I end up running a few times a week and never step into the weight room. I'm going to do weights tomorrow morning, and I'm saying that because I'll have to blog about it tomorrow. I can't blog about nothing... and feel free to rip into me if I don't do it.

1 comment:

Kirk Gaskell said...

Maybe try something OTHER than a running event??? Maybe a bike race or something??? Change up the scenery MAY help with the motivation.