Tuesday, March 24

In search of a kick in the ass...

I am always motivated by your ongoing drive Kirk. I was looking at pictures you posted a year ago and it amazes me how you keep going day after day, even after having a baby late last year and renovating the house (on top of your day job).

I'm looking for something to give me a kick in the ass. I don't know if it's a lack of desire from the training last year for the marathon, the dark and cold mornings, moving the BF in and nesting, or what. I don't know if I want to run more, do mountain conditioning, weight train alone, train with a partner, do the Jillian workout, go freestyle... nothing is stirring a real interest in getting to the gym or hitting the road. Hmmmm.... maybe hot yoga? I think we all have ups and downs in motivation, just trying to figure out when I'll snap out of it this time.

The weight is steady so far, still about 8-10 lbs down from where we started last year. I'm still making it 3-4 times per week to workout, but I'm kinda bored and not nearly as motivated as I was when training for Portland last year. So far I'm being saved by portion control, because the BF doesn't eat nearly as much as I do and he doesn't really touch sweets.

Kirk - Any ideas? Can you point me to any online weight workouts that I might find interesting? The ability to do a chin up is still eluding me... so are those last 5 lbs.

No comments: