Tuesday, March 31

Check In

Alright, alright... not only did I not do weights today, but I didn't go to the gym period. I decided to take the day off. No real reason, mainly to get sleep and see if that helped with my dragginess at work. I'll be there doing weights tomorrow.

But I am a firm believer in doing weights. I am exploring some options for keeping me on to some plan for weights. In general, I am going to stick to a plan of weights and running. If a skip a weights day, my next running day on the schedule will be replaced with weights. I am getting flabby and I don't like it.

The mysterious running gait... I think there are two things:
1 - Shoes and orthodics. I would have a specialist check your feet because that throws the gait right off and causes the pains you are experiencing.
2 - Natural gait. I used to think that longer strides were better but the experts are all saying that short strides are actually better for you, especially if that is your natural gait. All that work I was doing trying to elongate my stride wasn't necessary after all!

I like this article because it has very specific drills you can do to work on your running form:
http://ezinearticles.com/?4-Ways-to-Improve-Running-Biomechanics&id=237724

I'll also ask Colby for suggestions. Oh, and another article:
http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-238-267-268-8163-0,00.html

How is the weather and exercise going in Florida? Julio and I just booked a trip home, September 3rd to 13th! We fly into Buffalo because it's much cheaper, and we'll spend a couple of days in the Niagara/Hamilton area. Then a full week in Peterborough, including Labour Day Monday! Lots of time to hit the gym and have some fun with the Gaskell crew!

No comments: