So here we are in sunny Florida... Not only am I posting to the BLOG but I actually got a workout in tonight. I went for a 7K run on the treadmill. I still cannot run effectively outside... I think I have some gait issues that cause serious shin splints. The treadmill at least gives enough cushion so that the pain isn't unbearable. Of course, rest would be the appropriate course of action but I am really no good at that.
We drove down here Thursday - Friday. I drove the 24 straight hours WITH kiddies... Ange was in charge of kiddies, I was in charge of driving. It was not quite the 5 levels of hell we were expecting. Maddy is just a great kid and never complained once in the entire 24 hours... Sorry to brag, but it was uncanny... Just got out of the car, stretched, got a snack or juice, back into the seat with a movie on... I actually HAD a point to commenting on the drive. From a diet perspective, it is USUALLY a gong show. I NORMALLY snack at every gas stop in order to stay awake. It would probably normally be 5,000+ calories on said trip... With BOTH Ange and I dieting, we split a 12 inch turkey sub, ONE lousy Krispy Kreme donut and one SMALL bag of cool ranch doritoes... I know from a diet day that's not great but it is monumental for that trip.
So when I jumped on the scale today, I expected Armageddon... From a carb perspective, I had a BAD 24-36 hours... However, I was actually down a pound from the trip... SO, apparently, I can make OK choices on a massive car journey and not put on 15 pounds... Who knew??
As for exercise while I am here... They DO have a small gym that REALLY isn't well equipped. I can run, do a FEW weights... Not to toot my own horn, but they only have dumbbells to 45 pounds and there isn't a lot I can do with that. The joys of a retirement community :) I also am heading to the Nike outlet tomorrow to pick up some cheap goggles. They have 2 swimming lanes in the pool so I am going to try that out a bit to see if I may do this triathlon I keep talking about. The last time I tried to swim, my MCL was a MAJOR issue. I haven't had pain there for a while so I am hoping to be AOK.
That's all for now, I will be heading off to bed... Hopefully MORE sun tomorrow.
Saturday, March 28
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment